Hail, fellow Islandorians!
As promised in our release announcement, we have succeeded in trapping our dreaded foe, the 7.x-1.12 release, in a crypt of icy stasis. The Code Freeze is here!
All Islandora repositories should now have a 7.x-1.12 branch with .info files updated to reflect that they are locked in at version 7.x-1.12. The exception to this is Tuque, which now has a 1.12 branch. Component managers, please check your modules' repos to verify that this is the case and inform one of the release managers if you find an issue.
Testers and documenters, glory awaits you with the new Islandora 7.x-1.12 Release Candidate Virtual Machine! Use this to perform your sacred rites of testing and documenting, for it is your very own disposable dungeon full of monsters waiting to be discovered! (but hopefully not too many)
- Find the 7.x-1.12 VM here (be patient and maybe start downloading it before lunch, its 3.5GB and could take quite a while)
- Once downloaded, import it into VirtualBox
- Once running, you can access the VM through your browser at http://localhost:8000. Log in with the username "admin" and the password "islandora"
- You can also SSH inside the VM through the VirtualBox console using the username and password "vagrant"
WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING UNTIL THE RELEASE?
- Component Managers:
- Make sure there are no blockers for your module.
- Do your best to resolve any bugs before the release (and inform your testers to test them once merged)
- Try to resolve any bug PRs on your module in a timely manner
- Check merged PRs on your module to verify that all the related JIRA tickets were closed with a fix version of 7.x-1.12
- Reach out to the testers and documenters for your module to see if they need help
- Help find testers/documenters for your module if you don't have them
- Test all resolved JIRA tickets that have a fix version of 7.x-1.12. If you don't know what this entails, please contact the Testing Manager Carolyn Moritz (email@example.com) or the Component Manager for your module.
- Check existing documentation (READMEs and Confluence wiki) for your module. Check it against the 7.x-1.12 Release Candidate VM to verify that:
- the described behaviors are still relevant
- screenshots are still accurate
- all aspects of the module are properly documented (no missing features, etc)
- Contact the Documentation Manager, Don Richards (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Component Manager for your module if you have questions about this.
Good luck on your journeys, you brave heroes. Never forget: the real release is the friends we made along the way!
- Bryan Brown, co-release manager
PS, please let me know if you have any issues with the OVA file for the Release Candidate VM.